Ask a Librarian
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I use Library resources from home?
- Make sure your ID card has been activated and sign in with your barcode. If you have any problems with the proxy, please contact our Circulation Desk at (718) 997-3702 or via email.
- Do you have the book I need?
- Search the CUNY Catalog.
- Do you have the article I need?
- Search Electronic Journals, or use the Title begins with search in the CUNY Catalog. In either case, search using the journal title, NOT the article title.
- Where can I find items on reserve?
- Search EReserve by title, course, etc.
- Who may use the Library building and when?
- Consult Visitors and Hours.
- How do I get an item from a CUNY library or from outside of CUNY?
- Borrow CUNY books through CUNY CLICS or borrow other material from non-CUNY libraries through Interlibrary Loan.
- When will an item arrive that I requested from another CUNY library?
- CLICS turnaround time can vary.
- How do I borrow or renew an item, or pay a fee?
- Consult QC Books & Media. You may contact Circulation at (718) 997-3702 or QC_ask_circ@qc.cuny.edu.
Information & Research Help
Ask a question, or leave a comment by email, just as you would at the information or reference desk.
For help with brief questions, call us when the Library is open at (718) 997-3664.
Visit us in our Research Services Room, past the stairs on Level 3 (Room 344). Ideal for all inquiries and available during Library open hours starting at 9 AM weekdays and at 12:00 noon on weekends.
For more subject-specific questions you can ask a Subject Specialist, but this may take more time.
Question Submission Form
You must complete all fields on this form. Except for holidays and weekends, replies will be sent within 48 hours whenever possible.