Minutes of GEAC Meeting December 8, 2010
J. Allen, K. Lord, A. Morgado, L. Pozzan, A. Reichl, B. Simerka, C. Vickery, C. Winks.
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 12:25 in NSB A225.
The agenda for the meeting was approved.
Minutes of November 10, 2010 meeting were approved.
Revised Submissions Approved:
New Submissions Approved:
Submissions Pending Revision
 Provisionally approved for ET pending Academic Senate resolution of “the context coupling” issue.
 Provisionally approved for WC pending Academic Senate resolution of the “context coupling” issue.
 This proposal appears to have gone dormant with the ascension of a new chair of the Philosophy Dept.
 The department has been slow to act on this group of proposals.
 Minor revisions requested: typographical clean-up; remove attendance as a grading component.
- At the moment a single course can satisfy more than one Global Context (i.e., PI can be coupled with any other Global Context), because the Academic Senate did not approve the decoupling. The committee decided to discuss this issue in more detail at the January Retreat.
- For January Retreat with UCC:
- Definition of PI
- The relationship between Areas and Contexts in PLAS.
- Percentage of course devoted to a context needed to “count.”
- Level of GenEd courses; Problem of science courses for major
The meeting was adjourned at 1:40 p.m.
A. Morgado, Recording Secretary