Applying to the Master of Arts in Music Program
- An undergraduate degree with a major in music (or its equivalent).
- International students are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), with a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based examination or the equivalent score on the internet-based examination. Provisional acceptance is available if the TOEFL score is between 525 and 550.
- Applicants in theory and music history (musicology) are required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
After submitting your Queens College application:
Submit copies of recent work, as stipulated below, to:
William Rothstein, Graduate Advisor
Aaron Copland School of Music
65-30 Kissena Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11367
- Composition: two or three recent works
- Theory: one or two examples of tonal composition and a recent paper, preferably on an analytical topic
- Music history (musicology): one or more recent papers