Applying to the Master of Arts in Music Program
- An undergraduate degree with a major in music (or its equivalent).
- International students are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), with a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based examination or the equivalent score on the internet-based examination. Provisional acceptance is available if the TOEFL score is between 525 and 550.
- Applicants in theory and music history (musicology) are required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
After submitting your Queens College application:
Please submit your recent works through Acceptd, as stipulated below
- Composition: scores of two or three recent works are required. Recordings are welcome, but optional.
- Theory: A recent paper, preferably on an analytical topic, plus one or two examples of composition in 18th- or 19th-century style.
- Music history (musicology): one or more recent papers.