Applying to the Master of Science in Music Education Program (Leading to Professional Certification)
- A bachelor's degree in music or music education from an accredited institution.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or higher in the undergraduate music degree.
- Completion of an approved sequence of professional courses leading to the award of the New York State Initial Certification in music pre K-12.
- International applicants: A TOEFL score of 100 (600 on the paper-based TOEFL) or higher.
- A music history qualifying examination will be administered during the first fall semester of the program.