Welcome to Math 245, Mathematical Models, this Spring 2019!
- Course Syllabus
- Letters from past students
- Course Calendar
- Course Content
- Project information
- Getting access to Python.
Key Dates: (subject to change)
- First Day of Class: Monday, January 28
- Mini-Project 1 Due: Wednesday, February 27
- Project 2 Due: Monday, April 1
- Last Day of Class: Monday, May 13
- Project 3 Due: Final Exam Day
- Final Exam Day: There will be no final exam, but we will have project presentations this day.
I am happy to help you with your homework and other class-related questions during my office hours. Office hours will be determined by group consensus during the first week of class and will be announced in class and posted on my schedule. In addition, you are welcome to make an appointment or stop by my office in Kiely Tower Room 606 at any time. (You can call 718-997-5964 to see if I'm there.)
Mathematical Models links:
- Wolfram Alpha
- How Netflix uses Jupyter Notebooks
- The case for fitting data points visually
- Chaos in dynamical systems (Logistic Map)
- Modeling people's behavior for going to a bar
- Crime Fighting and Mathematical Models
- Examples of Correlation not implying Causation (read the first answer)
- Things that correlate
- Extrapolation: Moore's Law
- DataGenetics: A wonderful blog of data driven analysis.
- A refresher about random variables (YouTube)
- Getting Started with GitHub Desktop - Includes the philosophy behind using GitHub.