day you use products that make your life eaiser and more enjoyable.
Engineering design and a story can be found behind even the
simplest of objects/inventions- the paper clip, paper, the pencil, the
door knob, the zipper, the pop top can, the toothbrush, etc and the not
so simple- the telephone, indoor plumbing, the windshield wiper, the
radio, the internet, plasma TV, the compter, GPS devices, the
internal combustion engine, voice recogntion. etc,.
midterm assignment, select a common object that you would like to
learn more about and perhaps improve on at some point in the futureFormat
In groups no larger than four students, create a short
video/ music video, animation, webpage, or podcast that can inform
others about an object/ invention of your choice Requirements
- Length- Five to Seven minutes in duration
- Quality use of a technological medium- Revision must be in evidence (this means scripting, use of editing software, etc)
- Describes the story behind the object/invention:
- How and why was it developed?
- Who was involved?
- Is there a patent? If so, who holds the patent?
- How does the technology/device work? Explain the science in terms you can understand
- What difficulties needed to be worked out by the inventor and/or mass producer?
- What was the object/invention's impact on society?
the basic science behind the object/invention in terms that you and
that anyone could understand (this means you'll have to do research and
submit your references using APA format as well as talk about it in your own words)
- Submission of a Reference List (If APA is new to you, see Ms. P.)
will have a total of 5 class periods to work on this. Other than
that, you'll need to work with your group on your own time. BRAINSTORM OVER BREAK!
Progress Step # 1Select a topic and format
and get it approved by
Progress Step # 2Collect your references
for your content and
submit in a word document
to Ms. P. listed in APA format
Progress Step # 3Submit a bullet point list
on content that will be
contained in your project
Progress Step #4Take a short quiz as an individual-
Oral/written based on
your research and content
1/21 or 1/22
Progress Step #5Make an electronic copy
of your product or
let Ms. P have access
to where your work is posted
THIS IS DUE NO
LATER THAN 1/28/10
- Burn a hard copy for Ms. P, but work once assessed by Ms, P., it may be posted to iTunes or You Tube with your permission
Remember- Be creative but informative Assessment
If you need tech help or equipment, see Ms. P.
Flip Cameras are available in the library!
- Content Knowledge and Your Ability to Convey Technical Information to a Lay Audience- 70%
- Quality Use of Format and Craftsmanship- 20 %
- Creativity- 10%