Databases and Online Resources
Many of the Queens College Music Library's resources are available online, making it easy to do some of your research in the computer lab or in the comfort of your own home. This page describes what some of these resources are and how you can take advantage of them in your research.
- Queens College Music Library Webpages - The Queens College Music Library webpage is a portal to resources on music. In addition to the links above, the pages explain what we have in our collections, our policies (i.e., who can borrow what and for how long), services we offer, and instructions on finding resources on music. If you need further help or have questions, the Music Library staff will be happy to assist you.
- Databases and Online Resources - Databases and Online Resources for Music can be found on the Queens College Music Library webpage. Some specific databases:
- RILM - RILM contains citations and abstracts for scholarly works in music, including journal articles, books, bibliographies, catalogues, dissertations, films, videos, iconographies, conference proceedings, reviews, etc.
- Music Index - The index provides citations to articles, reviews, obituaries, and other materials found in more than 700 international music periodicals.
- JSTOR - A fulltext journal provider that contains the complete back runs of dozens of international titles dedicated music.
- IIMP (International Index to Music Periodicals) - Over 80 journals have full-text access while over 400 are indexed.
- Journals Available Online - Queens College provides access to many journals online. To locate a journal online, search the title you are looking for into the Queens College online journal page or go to the Queens College Libraries homepage, click on “Research” and click on “Find Online Journals.”
- Other Online Resources
- Grove Music Online -The online version of The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians.
- WorldCat - A global catalog of library collections throughout North America and parts of Europe. Find materials not owned by Queens College or other CUNY schools. These materials can be requested through InterLibrary Loan. (See Using WorldCat for help on using WorldCat and InterLibrary Loan.)
- Accessing Databases and Online Resources from Home - To access these resources from off campus, you will need to configure your web browser. Rosenthal Library has instructions on how to do this.