Welcome to Math 636, Combinatorics, this Fall 2018!
- Course Syllabus
- Read Letters from past students
- Course Calendar
- Homework Assignments, Lecture Notes, and Topics Covered
- Guidelines for the course project and poster presentation
Key Dates: (subject to change)
- First Day of Class: Monday, August 27
- First Assessment: Wednesday, September 26
- Project Topic Due: Monday, October 22
- Project Outline Due: Monday, November 5
- Poster Work Day: Monday, December 10
- Last Day of Class and Poster Session: Wednesday, December 12, 4:45–6:15pm in Kiely Tower 508
- Podcast Recordings: December 13–18, scheduled individually.
I am happy to help you with your homework and other class-related questions during my office hours. I have official office hours as posted on my schedule. In addition, you are welcome to make an appointment or stop by my office in Kiely Tower Room 606 at any time. (You can call my office phone 718-997-5964 to see if I'm there.)
- Answers the question: "What is aibohphobia?"
- A whole bunch of identities!
- The Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences
- Nice writeups of combinatorial/geometrical mathematics
- Who named the Catalan numbers?
- Books on reserve at the Queens College Library
- Lecture notes on Enumerative Combinatorics, by Anna de Mier
- Proofs that really count
- Concrete Mathematics
- Enumerative Combinatorics, volumes I and II (both very advanced!)