Cardiovascular Health and Awareness
- Cardiovascular Disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women (65 and older) in the United States.2
- Cardiovascular Disease is the 2nd leading cause of death for children (ages 0-14).1
- Cardiovascular Disease claimed 869,724 lives in 2004.1
- In 2005, 80,700,000 people had one or more forms of cardiovascular disease.1
- One in three adults has high blood pressure. About 30% of them don't know they have it.1
- Worldwide, coronary heart disease kills more than 7 million people each year.2
1Statistics retrieved from American Heart Association (http://www.americanheart.org).
2Statistics retrieved from DHDS Heart Disease Facts and Statistics (http://www.cdc.gov/HeartDisease/facts.htm).
Anyone wishing to use the
information on this website for noncommercial educational purposes may