Welcome to Math 636, Combinatorics, this Fall 2014!
- Course Syllabus
- Read Letters from past students
- Course Calendar
- Homework Assignments, Lecture Notes, and Topics Covered
- Guidelines for completing homework assignments
- Guidelines for the course project and poster presentation
- A link to Blackboard
Key Dates: (subject to change)
- First Day of Class: Thursday, August 28
- First Exam: Thursday, October 16
- Project Topic Due: Tuesday, October 28
- Project Outline Due: Thursday, November 13
- Second Exam: Thursday, December 4
- Poster Work Day: Tuesday, December 9
- Last Day of Class and Poster Session: Thursday, December 11
- Answers the question: "What is aibohphobia?"
- A whole bunch of identities!
- The Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences
- Nice writeups of combinatorial/geometrical mathematics
- Who named the Catalan numbers?
- Books on reserve at the Queens College Library
- Lecture notes on Enumerative Combinatorics, by Anna de Mier
- Proofs that really count
- Concrete Mathematics
- Enumerative Combinatorics, volumes I and II (both very advanced!)