The Aaron Copland School of Music awards the proceeds of the following endowed Scholarship Funds to graduate and undergraduate music students:
- the AWA Graduate Scholarship in performance, gift of an anonymous music alumnus
- the Albert Burnett Memorial Scholarship in musicology or theory
- the John Castellini Scholarship for students demonstrating excellence and commitment in music studies
- the Edward Downes Scholarship in opera or musicology
- the Michael Feinstein Scholarship
- the Marvin Hamlisch Scholarship
- the Maurice Kagan Memorial Scholarship in an orchestral instrument
- the Cantor Sam Katz Scholarship in precantorial or Jewish studies
- the Saul Novack Scholarship in theory
- the Laurence Rosenfeld Scholarship, gift of his family in honor of Mr. Rosenfeld
- the Boris Schwarz Scholarship in strings
- the George and Violet Zatkin Scholarship in opera performance
- the Pastore Cello Scholarship
- the Artzt Piano Scholarship
- the Carl Schachter Scholarship
- the P.I. Tschaikovsky scholarship of two years' support for an undergraduate student
- the Lawrence Eisman scholarship in Music Education
- the Ella Fitzgerald Scholarship
In addition, since 1982 the Copland School has been the recipient of a generous scholarship each year from the Presser Foundation for a music major's senior year (the Presser Scholarship).
For several years the Eddie Barnes Memorial Music Scholarship Foundation has awarded a generous scholarship for a graduate jazz performer, as selected and recommended by the jazz faculty. The foundation will continue this award.
How to Apply
All students who audition for the program are considered for scholarship and it is at the recommendation of the audition faculty that these scholarships are awarded.