Jazz Graduate Programs
Master of Music in Jazz Studies
The MM in Jazz Studies includes private instruction, jazz ensembles, studies in jazz harmony, improvisation, arranging, recording techniques, and other courses suited to the needs of today's jazz musician. Students may major in either jazz performance or jazz composition.
Click here for full admission and program requirements »
MM in Jazz Performance
- The MM in Jazz studies requires pre-screening prior to entry. Pre-screening videos must be submitted through Acceptd.
For question about the Jazz MM program, please contact Professor Antonio Hart at Antonio.Hart@qc.cuny.edu or 718-997-3809.
MM in Jazz Composition
Jazz Composition applicants must submit 3 scores and recordings of original compositions and arrangements.
- These can be as notation files, PDF files, or printed scores and accompanying MP3s when possible.
- MIDI versions are acceptable if the applicant believes they represent their work accurately.
- Lead sheets will not suffice. Applicants should show some experience arranging for multiple wind and/or string instruments as well as scoring for rhythm section.
- The submitted materials do not solely have to be big band arrangements.
- Jazz composition majors can expect to have their works rehearsed and performed/recorded as part of their training at the Aaron Copland School.
Please email materials to Professor Michael Mossman at Michael.Mossman@qc.cuny.edu