This website has been retired.
our new website. You will be redirected there shortly.
The Center for Teaching and Learning is involved in various projects related
to teaching and learning. This page provides brief descriptions of and links to some of the Center's on-going work.
The Online Group at Queens College (OlgaQC)
In January 2008, a group of faculty was formed to engage in three
days of intensive training and semester-long continued support, on
online teaching. During the Spring 2008 semester, lgaQC will meet on
the third Tuesday of the month.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning, alongside a team of faculty from the
Graduate School of Information Studies and from Secondary Education and Youth
Services, is working to identify solutions for a QC-wide electronic
- Student Engagement
- Data from the National Study of Student Engagement have prompted
conversations among faculty and administrators on how to encourage
- Quantitative reasoning across the curriculum
- This group examines how quantitative reasoning and mathematical
literacy is expressed in the QC curriculum.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning and
Writing Across the Curriculum
are co-sponsors of the blogging initiative at Queens. For over three
years now, faculty and students have been using Movable Type blogs in a
wide variety of classes.
- Strategic Plan
- The implementation of the
Strategic Plan is underway, and the Center for Teaching and Learning
is involved in a number of the Plan's strategies. For more information,
please contact us.
- Working with the Educational Technology Laboratory, the Office of
Converging Technologies, and faculty from every
division, the Center for Teaching and Learning is working to
enhance resources and provide support for the use of rich-media technologies in teaching, including audio-
Training materials for instructors in Psychology
- This page lists readings used in training sessions for instructors
in 100- and 200-level courses in Psychology.
- This is a CUNY-wide forum of directors of centers for teaching and
learning around CUNY.
June 2007 PLAS Institute
In June 2007, a group of faculty from all divisions of the college
gathered to discuss the new Gen Ed requirements, specifically the
courses on Perspectives on the Liberal Arts and Sciences.
If you would like to have input on CTL projects or events, don't hesitate
to contact us.